Sunday, May 15, 2022

A Day Off

On Saturday May 7th I decided to NOT work on the cottage and took a day off.  Friday had been very windy, and it wasn't pleasant to be outside... so I worked inside for one day.  Saturday dawned mostly sunny and very calm, so I thought I would head out exploring for the day.
As with most days this spring, the fine weather was shortlived.  By mid afternoon the skies had clouded over and the wind picked up.  The temperature only made it up to about +10, so it was not great.
I took a drive up the Forestry Trunk Road and went as far as the Brazeau River.  This is probably around 60km one way, from Nordegg.  I managed to get out with my view camera and did a couple of setups close to the road.  There was still patchy snow left in a lot of places, and some of the ponds and streams still had ice on them.  It seems as though spring is really slow arriving this year.
I saw five Spruce Grouse at various spots along the trunk road.  At the Brazeau River there were a couple of Canada Geese.  And, near one of the cutblocks there were a couple of Swainson's Hawks soaring around.  Other than that I didn't see any wildlife.  
A lot of logging took place over the winter and in several locations there were huge piles of logs waiting to be hauled out.  It was a nice break from all the work that I've been doing lately, but I think I will get back to my construction project after this one day break.












No comments: