Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Ram River

In mid July my oldest daughter Hailey and I spent a few days up at the cottage in Nordegg.  I was on the second of my six weeks of vacation this year.  I have never had this much vacation time during my forty year working career and I must say it is really nice to get these breaks.  I'm really looking forward to cutting back on my work commitments through the rest of 2020 and gradually moving towards retirement.  By the beginning of 2021 I hope to be fully retired.
The first full day that Hailey and I were out there we decided to take a drive south on the Forestry Trunk Road.  We crossed the North Saskatchewan River and continued south as far as the Ram River.  We used to camp here on a fairly regular basis in years past, before we built our cottage.  This time around we never actually bothered to hike in to the viewpoint overlooking Ram Falls.  Instead we wandered around down on the gravel bars beside the river.  With all the rain we have had this year the rivers are all running very high and there is not as much shoreline and gravel bar to explore.
We stopped and checked out a few places along the way.  Later, on our way back north towards the cottage we made a stop and photographed a hillside grove of Lodgepole Pines.  I was shooting with my big view camera and Hailey was shooting with the Hasselblad.  I recently processed some of that film and will have some scans to share in an upcoming blog post.  For now, here are a few snapshots taken during that afternoon that we spent together.











No comments: