Thursday, July 2, 2020

Panorama

There is a blank patch of wall at the cottage in Nordegg that is ideally suited for a panoramic image.  I have been shooting a bunch of stuff over the past six months or so, trying to find something that will work.  I need it to be a scene of something nearby, as I want to cottage to be decorated with images from the surrounding area.  I shot this one a week ago when my friend Rob and I spent a week out at the cottage.  It was taken on Ilford FP4 large format film, cropped to panoramic proportions.  It was a somewhat dull and overcast day with flat light, so I pumped up the contrast a little by giving extra development time in a vigorous developer.  Kodak HC-110 Developer, dilution B, for 15:20 minutes at 20C.  This is the forest edge, along the bank of the Blackstone River, by the Forestry Trunk Road.  I think it is a strong candidate for this spot....


No comments: