Monday, July 6, 2015

Procession West .... more rejections.... but some Good News Too!!

Responses are starting to roll in to all the submission packages that I sent out back in the spring for Procession West.  Mostly these are rejections.  We got rejection letters from the Vernon Art Gallery in Vernon, British Columbia.  Another from Touchstones Nelson Gallery in Nelson, British Columbia.  And today I received the dreaded letter from The Mann Gallery in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.  These three go along with previous rejections from the Art Gallery of St. Albert in St. Albert, Alberta, and the Kootenay Gallery of Art in Castlegar, British Columbia.
The good news is that our show has been accepted at the Okotoks Art Gallery in Okotoks, Alberta.  I stopped in at the gallery last week while I was down in Calgary on business.  We will be exhibiting in the main gallery and there should be space for between 25 and 30 prints.  The show will run through March and April of 2016.  Right after that show closes, a small selection of prints will be sent down to the Lebel Mansion Art Gallery in Pincher Creek, Alberta.  This is a smaller space and will probably only have room for 12 to 18 prints.  That show is scheduled for May of 2016.  I haven't had a chance to get down to Pincher Creek yet and check out the space, but hope to do so later this summer.  The exact dates for both shows are not 100% finalized yet, but we expect to receive the contracts in the coming weeks.



1 comment:

Chris BIGDoer Doering said...

Kudos for keeping on it even with the rejections. That takes character, If I had a buck every time I was turned down for something I'd be driving a Ferrari. In my world, it's a HUGE part of doing business. I wrote a piece for an historical society on that old station. It's a one of a kind, absolutely ruined when they added an elevator to the far side. The building looks lopsided!