Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Open Image 2015

One of my Images was accepted for the Open Image 2015 exhibition.  I knew that the show was coming up here at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium in October.  I thought I had lots of time to get my negative printed, and the print mounted, matted and framed.  But I forgot that the show will also be at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, starting in mid-August.  I need to have my print framed and delivered by next week!!!  So, I got off my butt and got down into the darkroom earlier this week.  On Monday evening I made an unsharp mask and proceeded to print my image.  This one went pretty well and I didn't really struggle to get a decent print out of the negative.  A rather involved split printed negative that included the unsharp mask, nine exposures under various contrast filtrations, a little dodging, and then some spot bleaching in post printing.  Tonight I am giving several copies of this image the second fixing bath, hypo clearing bath, selenium toning, and getting them into my print washer.  In 24 hours or so, once the wash is completed, the prints will be dried, after which I can proceed with mounting, matting and framing.  Seems a lot more involved then hitting the "print" button on the old inkjet and waiting for the Photoshopped imaged to grind out onto the printer tray.  None of that digital shit for me...!!!
Here are some copies of the promotional material for those upcoming shows....  I'll send out further reminders as the Edmonton show draws nearer but everyone is encouraged and welcome to attend either or both of these events...!!  Thanks for your support.....



No comments: