Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Adox CHS-50

On July 19th I processed a batch of Adox CHS-50 sheet film in 4" x 5" format.  This film was discontinued a few years ago and I am down to my last couple of boxes.  I will continue to work with it until it is gone.  It is a nice film, but I never grew too attached to it.  It was introduced only a few years ago and shortly after I first tested it and started working with it, the factory suffered a fatal equipment failure on it's coating line and this film, along with several others, instantly disappeared.
I rate this film at 25 iso, which effectively gives it one stop more exposure than the rated box speed.  I process in Rodinal developer, diluted 1:50, for 5-1/2 minutes at 24C.  I like the result, but will have to move on to something else once my current inventory is depleted.
This current batch included negatives that I exposed in late 2013, through 2014, and a few from this year.  I have included a scan here that was taken on the Monochrome Guild Fall Photo Weekend in Jasper National Park, back in November of 2013.  Over the coming days I will post more scans of the more recent images.


No comments: