Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weekend Plans

Originally we had planned to go camping last weekend.  The girls really wanted to go back to the TL Bar Ranch and do some trail riding.  But, then I was suddenly offered the opportunity to go out into the field with Frank and Jim from Palcoprep.  This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to an active coal mine in British Columbia and take a mold off of a dinosaur trackway.  So the weekend camping plans were put on the back burner so that I could take advantage of this opportunity.  But, I had promised the girls a trail ride and I wanted to live up to that.  Sure made for some very busy times.  We got up early on Saturday the 22nd and blasted down to the ranch.  Just the two older girls and I went out for the day, while Margarit stayed behind with Helena so that she could go to her dance class.  We gave her the option of riding horses or going to tap dancing class and she chose the dance...
The girls and I arrived at the ranch just after noon, and went out for a two hour trail ride.  It was just beautiful as the fall colors were starting to pop, the temperature was really nice and warm, and there were no mosquitos.  We really enjoyed the ride and after it was done we blasted back home to Edmonton.  This was just a taste of the driving that I would do in the coming days.  The next morning I had to get up early once again and drive back down to Drumheller.  This time it would be to meet up with Frank and Jim and continue  on to southwestern British Columbia.  More to come on that trip in the next post.......




No comments: