Friday, September 7, 2012

On a Happier Note...

This week all three of my girls went back to School.  Hailey started Grade Five, Annelise Grade Two, and Helena started pre-school.  Also, September 6th was Annelise's 7th birthday.  She has been just beside herself with anticipation for days now.  All day Thursday she was just beaming, and couldn't wait to tear into her birthday gifts.  After supper she opened all her loot, and then I shuffled the two older girls off to their weekly riding lesson.  We are planning a birthday party for Anna and some friends in about a week.  Hailey will have one at the same time as her 10th birthday is coming up in about two weeks.  I remember a friend once telling me that kids grow up in the blink of an eye.  At the time his kids were about the age that my girls are now.  He commented that his blink was already past the closed part and his eyes were on the way back open.  He reminded me to slow down and enjoy it because it is over and done with all too quickly.  Sound advice indeed...

No comments: