Friday, September 7, 2012

Memorial

I went to a Memorial service yesterday for my ex-business partner Jim Giroux.  He was killed last Friday in a tragic freak accident at his home.  No one is sure exactly what happened but it appears that he was pinned and crushed when his truck rolled.  He was 67 years old and left behind his wife, three kids and at least two grandchildren.  Jim sold his half of my company and retired nearly three years ago.  Our relationship was very strained in recent times as he struggled with alcoholism through his last working years.  His addiction nearly tore the company apart and I was forced to suspend his employment for a period of time before he eventually retired.  But through the early years of our 20+ year business relationship we got along well and there are a lot of good memories.  He was a really hard working guy that did a lot to help build our company.  I learned a lot from him and will try to remember all the good things.  Aside from his work ethic and down to earth approach I think I will most remember his infectious laugh.  Such a shame that his life was cut so short...

No comments: