Thursday, November 26, 2020

Miners Shack

Back at the end of August I went out for an ATV ride at Nordegg.  I wound my way back onto a bunch of the groomed trails in behind and above the townsite.  There were Lupines blooming all over the hillsides and it was quite spectacular.  I had known of this old miner's shack for many years, but never got around to photographing it before.  That is the remains of an old gate in front of it.  I shot this with my 4x5 view camera on Agfapan 25 film.  The film was poorly stored when I bought on Ebay from a seller down in the United States.  The boxes were mouldy and musty smelling, despite the fact that the seller claimed it had been stored frozen.  The expiry date on the film was 1991.  I've been using it ever since, and the odd sheet has some mold spots on it, but for the most part it's still OK.  Every once in a while it yields a pretty decent image... like this one.  This was shot with a 90mm wide angle lens and processed in Rodinal developer.


No comments: