Monday, November 9, 2020

Backlog

With the snowy, cold weather arriving Saturday, I decided to stay indoors and attempt to catch up on some chores.  I unloaded about 35 film holders... so about 70 sheets... all images I have taken since mid September.  It has been a busy fall and the fact that I am now semi-retired, allows me to get out with the camera more often than in recent years.  My long term average has been to shoot about 350 sheets of 4" x 5" large format film per year.  With the recent outings this week I am now up to about 325 sheets for 2020 so far.  
After I unloaded all of these film holders I went through all the boxes of exposed film that I have, that is awaiting processing.  I knew there was quite a bit, but even I was surprised by the size of the backlog.  Including the few sheets of color film that I have taken, I have 615 sheets that are waiting to be processed.  In addition to this I also have some roll film, and a little 8" x 10" sheet film.  It's a good thing I'm about to retire and will have to some time to get after this...!!

No comments: