Sunday, November 22, 2020

Hotel

This is a recently processed sheet of Ilford Delta 100.  I developed the film in Rodinal 1:50.  The shot was taken back in August of 2019.  At the time I was out exploring with my friends Court, Nigel and Arturo.  We were staying in East Coulee, and photographing around the Drumheller Valley, and also up around Sheerness.  We were working on a group project visually exploring the coal mining history in the province.  That project is still ongoing, though it has largely been put on hold this year due to Covid.  Eventually we hope to turn this project into a gallery exhibition, or perhaps some sort of publishing endeavor.  Hopefully we can resume activities in 2021.  
This particular image sort of fits the theme, though not fully.  This sign sits on top of the now closed Seymour Hotel in Stettler.  This hotel would have once served the nearby coal mining operations at Sheerness.  I took this with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a 300mm lens.


No comments: