Thursday, August 15, 2019

Not Windy at Windy Point

On our way back to the cottage on Monday afternoon, Chris, Connie and I stopped at Windy Point.  This was one of those rare occasions that it was not windy, at Windy Point.  It was sunny and warm and almost dead calm.  It was busy, with a lot of people wandering around.
I think I have only experienced calm conditions at Windy Point on three or four occasions in the past.  Usually the wind is howling through the valley hard enough to blow your teeth out.  Often you have to hold onto the truck door with two hands when getting out.  In 2013 when my cousin visited from Germany we experienced a day that was dead calm.  And last November, when I was out there with my friend Jon we had similar conditions.  Today was the third time in recent memory that I can recollect.  We wandered around for a bit and then eventually returned to the cottage.
We all had to head for home on this afternoon so we packed up all our stuff and tidied things up.  We said our goodbyes to Chris and Connie as they hit the road for the drive back to Calgary.  Margarit hit the road with Anna and Helena at about 6:00 and Hailey and I left about an hour later.  It rained most of the way home and we just missed a big storm that hit Edmonton shortly before our arrival.  That storm carried some large hail that hit west and north of the city but fortunately nothing at our house.






No comments: