Friday, August 16, 2019

Back to Photography

The last little while I have finally managed to get back to my artistic endeavors.  I think it started back in June when I traveled to Crowsnest Pass with some of my friends from the Monochrome Guild.  Then this past weekend I did some shooting out at Nordegg when Chris and Connie came out for a visit.  With the Renegades recently being eliminated from summer playoff hockey, I have more time in the evenings after work.  I went down into the darkroom the other night and processed a batch of Fuji Neopan Acros 4x5 film.  Some of the images in this batch dated back to 2017.  There were a few from 2018, and I also included a couple from this past weekend out at Nordegg.  It was really nice to finally get back to this.  I posted this image on my Flickr account the other day... the first time I have posted anything in many months.  This one was shot in October of 2017.  Chris, Connie, Rueben and I were down in East Coulee for the premiere showing of the "Forgotten Prairie" documentary.  Here is a link to that short film on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-r8ZLUcGQ&t=96s

The next morning we got up... rather hung over... and went for a hike out in the badlands.  It took us quite a while to shake the cobwebs and come to our senses.  Eventually we stumbled onto what we were looking for.... this old stone building.  I think it was once a barn of some kind... but that is only speculation on my part.  Sure is a photogenic place and I'd love to get back out to it some day...


No comments: