Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Pothole

This is the second sheet of film that I processed from the recent Fall Photo Weekend in Jasper National Park.  As with a few of my other recently processed shots, this scan is a sheet of Bergger Pancro 400 film, processed in HC-110 Developer.  This is quite an improvement over my previous attempts at developing this film and the increased contrast is a positive in my books.  I will continue to work with this film and developer combination.
This shot was taken at a place called The Pothole.  This is just off the trail, below Athabasca Falls, in Jasper National Park.  There is a natural depression in the rocks that collects runoff water, and a little debris.  This shot is rather tight on some of the logs that have accumulated here.
I shot this on Remembrance Day... November 11th... just after we observed the moment of silence.  I took this at about 12:20 in the afternoon, with my Ebony 4" x 5" view camera and a somewhat long 210mm lens.
Moments before I took this photograph I helped out my friend Gord.  He had dropped his magnifying loop down beside the water.  I encouraged him to jump down and retrieve it, and the gave him a hand... quite literally... to pull him back up to the viewing area.  I think it worked out well for both of us, and I'm anxious to see the photograph that he took at the same time and place.



No comments: