Monday, December 14, 2020

New Reality

For years, whenever I wanted to build something, or work on a project, I would just go to the shop.  There was lots of tools and equipment there, and since I owned the place I could pretty much do whatever I wanted.  Now that is no longer an option....  
So, last weekend when I was out at the cottage, I wanted to work on the frame for the last door that I need to build.  It's a good thing it was warm outside.  I had to drag my thickness planer, my table saw and my chopsaw outside onto the driveway, and set up my workshop there.  I managed to plane down some laminated pine, rip it to width, and cut it to length.  It was very frustrating trying to assemble the frame on a couple of wobbly sawhorses on my sloped driveway.  I think the only thing that I am going to miss about work is access to the shop...!





No comments: