Tuesday, December 22, 2020

2012 Ram 3500

On December 10th I went in to work for the last time.  This was not a regular work day for me.  I spent a little time going over the layout and design of a large skylight with one of the new employees.  After that I turned in the company truck.  I'm going to miss this old truck as it was with me for a lot of years.  It is a 2012 Ram 3500 with a Cummins diesel engine.  One of the things that I liked about it the most was that it had a manual transmission.  None of the truck manufacturers offer a manual transmission any more and the new 2020 Ram truck that I bought this spring, to replace this one, unfortunately has an automatic.
Under the employment contract that I signed, I was able to continue to use the company truck for the 2020 calendar year during which I continued to work for the company.  But that year is coming to the end, and my contract is almost up.  So, the truck had to be turned back in to the company.  Along with that I also had to turn in my shop keys, and credit cards. 
My employment contract is now fulfilled, and I no longer have a job.  I am officially retired...!
It was somewhat anti-climatic as I have been reduced to a very light schedule the last couple of months.  I have only been going in to work one or two days per week.  And, we already had the farewell luncheon with the new ownership group, and with the staff.
I snapped this picture before leaving the truck, and then Margarit stopped by to pick me up and take me home.  And that was that... kind of a strange feeling at the end....



No comments: