Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Back Porch

My youngest daughter Helena and I were out exploring in the spring of 2019.  We came upon an old house, in a small town.  This cool old abandoned refrigerator was parked on the back porch.  I shot this with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a 135mm lens.  The film was Agfapan 25.  This film was discontinued many years ago and this particular batch expired in 1991.  As you can see it still yields a fantastic image.  I love the smooth tonality of this film.  Agfa eventually replaced with a new version that they called APX25.  Unfortunately it was never manufactured in sheet format and was limited to 35mm and 120 rolls.  Even that has since been discontinued with the demise of Agfa.  I have quite a bit of the old sheet format left in my freezer which I will continue to shoot for some years to come.  I underexpose it slightly and rate it at a speed of 32 iso.  Development is in Rodinal 1:50 for 13:00 minutes at 21C.



No comments: