Monday, December 21, 2020

Alliance House

I was recently digging through some old negatives.  I was looking for some examples of plus development to post here, and to share with some members of the Monochrome Guild.  I was also looking for some pictures of an old house, near Alliance, Alberta, to share with another friend.  I found those photos of the old house, and included them here.  It was a stunning old place with very unique architecture.  I photographed it twice, but both times it was under dull leaden skies with very flat light.  The building was difficult to photograph as, like so many others, it was completely overgrown with carraganas.  These two images were taken in 2002.  I had the GPS coordinates recorded, and knew that the house was just east of the town of Alliance.  A quick check on Google Earth confirmed my worst fears....  The house has been torn down and the yard cleared.  It is no more, and further photo opportunities are lost.  A similar demise has been met by many an old building and it is important to photograph them when the opportunity presents itself.




No comments: