Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Busy Easter Weekend

This past weekend was the first time I spent Easter at home in a number of years.  In 2014 I took a week off work and the girls and I went down to Kanab, Utah.  I did the same thing in 2015, and we went to Newport, Oregon.  A repeat of the same routine in 2016 took us to Courtenay, British Columbia.  Last year I couldn't take as much time off but headed out to Saskatchewan with my friends Chris and Connie for a few days to shoot the Forgotten Prairie documentary.
This time around there were no travel plans, but it was still a very busy weekend.  I got up early on Good Friday and went to the shop for a couple of hours and worked on my cabinets.  Then later in the morning Margarit and I went out with our friend Tanja, who was visiting from out of town.  In the evening, Margarit's brother Shawn and his family came over for dinner.  Rather than the traditional turkey dinner we made tacos, with tex-mex salad, mexican rice, and an appetizer of homemade tortillas with salsa.  The next morning I got up early once again and went back to the shop.  I spent about six hours there working on cabinets yet again.  I had only planned on a couple of hours, as we were supposed to pick up Hailey at the airport around noon.  She was returning from a trip to Point Roberts, Washington this past week, visiting her aunt Natalia.  But, she missed her flight in the morning and had to catch an afternoon one instead.  The girls and I were out at the airport well in advance of her 4:30 arrival, which was delayed by about 20 minutes, to greet her.
On Easter Sunday we had our usual Easter egg hunt but this time around it was at home.  By late morning we headed over to my Mom's place for an Easter Brunch.  My brother Wes and his family were visiting from Calgary.  My neice Amelia and her boyfriend Alex were also there but my brother Greg and the rest of his family were away in Hawaii.  Later that evening I went back tot he shop and packed up a bunch of materials for working in Nordegg.
With the skylight business being rather slow at this time of year, particularly in light of the ongoing winter weather and delayed spring, I closed the shop for Easter Monday.  I planned on heading out to Nordegg for the day to do some work at the cottage.

No comments: