Tuesday, January 9, 2018

January Sunday Drive

I spent most of my day on Saturday running some errands and doing some odd jobs.  This included working for a few hours in the afternoon at my shop.  I worked on sanding and staining the interior door jambs that I'm building for our cottage.  In the evening I printed in the darkroom.  Sunday dawned sunny and mild so I decided to head out for a drive.  None of the girls wanted to go this time so it ended up a solo trip.  At the beginning of the year I'm always anxious to get out and take the first photographs of the year.  It gets my archive started and sometimes stirs my creativity for the winter season.  Usually there is a break away from photography over Christmas with all the family activities on the go.  On this day I just headed up to my favorite nearby destination.  This is not a particular spot but rather a general area.  The rural counties of Lamont, Two Hills and Smoky Lake, to the northeast of the city have a lot of scenic churches, old buildings, and sometimes some interesting landscape elements.  Success of failure is dependent upon light and seasonal conditions.  On this day I managed to set the big camera up twice and got a start on my archive of images for the 2018 calendar year.  I also took a few snapshots with my digital camera.  I played around a little more with the 180 degree 12mm fisheye lens that I recently bought.  In the low winter light it was a challenge to keep my shadow out of the image.






No comments: