Saturday, February 18, 2017

Stubble Field and Old House

It's been over a week since I've posted anything to my blog.  Life has been busy lately, and I just haven't had a lot of extra time.  We had some really mild weather here in Edmonton last week and for a couple of days the daytime highs were up around +15C.  There isn't very much snow left, and conditions are very spring like.  Although it has cooled off a little in recent days, there is an optimistic mood in the air as spring is just around the corner.
I went out for a drive last weekend and managed to take a few shots with the 4x5.  I also spent an afternoon at home and set up my backdrop and studio lights and took some portraits of the girls.  Work has been busy and economic conditions appear to be improving a little after having weathered the past two years of slumping oil prices and the effect on the local economy.
The Monochrome Guild met last night at my place and we are making plans for a group show upcoming in May  It was great to see everyone again.
During the week I was digging through some scans of recently processed negatives when I came across this one.  This is from a spring day trip back in April of 2016.  It was taken with my Ebony view camera and a moderately wide Schneider Super Symmar XL 80mm lens.  The film was Kodak Tri-X Pan rated at 400 iso and processed N+1 in PMK for added contrast.  This has been well received on my Flickr account.


No comments: