Saturday, February 4, 2017

Ice Bloom

Here are two images of the Ice Bloom on the North Saskatchewan River, taken back at the beginning of December.  Both were taken with my Ebony SV45TU camera and my Schneider Super Symmar XL 110mm lens.  I used a #25 Deep Red Filter for both.  Both images were on Kodak T-Max 100 Film, developed together in 510 Pyro developer 1:100, for 7:45 minutes at 24C.
The upper image was actually eight exposures on the same piece of film.  I set the lens at F20.0 and took eight exposures at 1/30 of a second each.  I fired the shutter, cocked it and re-fired it, and repeated this eight times.  For the second exposure I left everything the same, and just gave one long exposure of 1/4 second.  Theoretically this should be the same, and the negatives look very close to each other in density.  The look is quite different as the multiple exposure results in a lot more ice showing on the river, but there is also a jerky sort of interuption within the image.  The shadow of the bridge is much more pronounced.  I thought it was an interesting experiment.


No comments: