Saturday, January 16, 2016

January Day Trip

Back on January 10th I went out for a short afternoon drive with my cameras.  It had been cold in previous days, but on this afternoon, the temperature popped up to near freezing, and it was mostly sunny.  The thermometer was deceptive, as there was a cold breeze blowing out of the west, and the humidity must have been high.  It was painfully cold to be outside with bare hands, trying to operate a metal camera.  I drove around a lot, and managed to take a few snapshots.  I only took the big camera out once but the cold was so bitter, that my fingers quickly became frozen.  The worst is when they finally start to warm up afterwards as then the pain really becomes unbearable.  I guess I just have really poor circulation in my fingers... probably from doing this too many times.  The rest of me wasn't all that cold but my fingers sure can't take it any more.
Here are a couple of digital snapshots from that afternoon...




No comments: