Monday, January 11, 2016

Long Weekend

Last weekend was a long weekend... for me...!  As I approach the 35th anniversary of my employment at Mac Plastics, I made a vow to slow down a little. As I am not able to take the holiday time that I am entitled to in larger blocks, I have started taking every other Friday off.  I began this routine last year, and it continues.  Last Friday was my first Friday off of 2016.  The three day weekend is a wonderful thing and I really enjoy the extra day to more fully unwind before returning to the job.  
On Friday I slept in.  Then Margarit and I went out for lunch to a new Mexican restaurant that we found.  It was really good... and we'll be heading back sometime soon to try some of the other interesting stuff on the menu.  On Friday evening we took the two older girls to their riding lesson.
On Saturday I spent the day working mostly on darkroom stuff.  I cut mounts and matts for all the prints that I am working on for upcoming gallery exhibitions, as well as finished up bleaching, toning and washing the last of the reprints that I've been working on.
On Sunday I slept in yet again.  In the afternoon I went out for a drive.  I explored a bit out to the east of the city and found a couple of places that are worth going back to with my camera in milder weather.  Then in the evening Anna and I went to the Oilers game.  The Oilers gave up two quick goals to start the game and then played a lot better, but couldn't overcome the early deficit and lost to the Florida Panthers by a score of 2-1.
It sure was difficult to get up early today and return to work!!
Here is a snapshot of my last print, in a red tray of rinse water... and Anna's selfie from the hockey game...



No comments: