Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May Long Weekend

I think this was the first May Long Weekend in about 20 years that I did NOT go away camping.  It was somewhat depressing!  We were so busy last week that I just didn't have time to get our trailer out of winter storage and ready to go.  And, with the recent dry windy conditions there was a province wide fire ban in place.  The forecast for the weekend was OK, but rain was forecast for Monday.  So, we stayed home.  I did manage to get out and do some shooting one evening at Clifford Lee Natural Area.  And I processed some film.  My brother-in-law was released from hospital after triple bypass surgery last week and came to stay with us for a couple of days.  I did manage to get the trailer out of storage on Monday, so that we can have it ready to go for next weekend.  Next weekend is the annual "Dad and Kids" camping weekend so we need to be ready for that one.  I can't get stuck at home again next weekend!

No comments: