Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another Favorite Film...??

I have a lot of films that I really like...   But, I can't really say that any one of them is my favorite.  Film is like your children... you love them all, but they all have different personalities.  My friends scoff at me that I shoot too many different films and jump from one to the next.  But, I've shots thousands of images on around a dozen different films and after all these years I'm beginning to gain a good understanding of which ones are suited to what subject matter, and what lighting conditions.  Another of my favorites is Agfa APX25.  Agfa went out of business a few years ago.  There are a couple of films still on the market that are rumored to be the same emulsion, including Adox, Rollei and Efke.  I've tried them all, and although the jury is still out... and they are very close... I don't think they're quite the same.  APX25 was never made in sheet film and my fondness for it was acquired in shooting medium format roll film.  I recently purchased 50 rolls of the stuff that had been safely stored in a freezer since the 1990's.  Yet another film shooter that has gone digital and is selling off surplus inventory.  This guy made a sizable profit as I paid $10 a roll for film that I used to buy for about $3.  But, my own personal inventory is down to a handful of rolls...

Last week I processed three rolls of this film that were shot in 2010 and this spring.  I've scanned a few images and attached them...






I also shot a roll in the Gaeorsi 624 Panoramic this spring and scanned and attached those as well...





No comments: