Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Travels

The Girls and I just returned from a weekend trip.  We spent two days in the badlands, along the Red Deer River, north of Drumheller.  We were visiting with friends that had travelled out to Alberta from the Vancouver area.  It rained most of the way there on Friday evening, but once we arrived it was pretty nice.  The mosquitos were quite voracious, but we were told that they had been a lot worse, a couple of weeks prior.  We did a little fishing and I was the only one able to haul a fish in to shore.  Unfortunately the little guy wasn't even big enough to make a hammer handle so I released the slough shark back into the river.  A couple of other fisherman that were casting from a canoe managed to haul in a few Goldeye.  We saw White Pelicans several times and heard what I think must have been a Screech Owl.  Some wildflowers were blooming including Coneflowers and some Bee Flowers.  The Gramma Grass has headed out and little "Comb-shaped" seed heads will soon be turning to "False Eyelashes" as fall is almost upon us.  We went out for a trail ride into the badlands and really enjoyed the scenery.  I managed to get out on Sunday morning with my 4x5 and do a little shooting.  Hopefully I can find time to get to my backlog in the coming months and process the boxes of film, some dating back to 2008, that await development.  As I am able to do so, these will be posted for all to enjoy.

No comments: