Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Open Photo 2010

Back in the spring one of my images was accepted for the 2010 Province-Wide Open Photo Juried Exhibition, organized by Visual Arts Alberta Association.  This exhibition opens next week at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium.  I evenually finished making my final exhibition print.  This has been quite an involved process as it included making an unsharp mask from my original 4x5 negative, and then using that to produce the final print.  The print was made on fiber-based silver gelatin paper, archivally processed including a selenium toning bath and some localized bleaching with potassium ferricyanide.  Then came the mounting, matting and framing.  Finally the finished print was delivered to VAAA today.  I look forward to the opening reception next week.

No comments: