Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Images

A couple of days ago I processed a batch of Efke PL25 4" x 5" sheet film.  It is manufactured in Europe...  Croatia, I believe.  Surprisingly it is still available, and very economical.  I process it in highly diluted Rodinal developer and it yields sharp edge definition, and a smoothness of tone that I find very unique.  It has become a favorite of mine.  This is a wonderful fine grained black and white film that is very slow.  I rate it at ISO 10.  It is so slow that with moderate filtration and small aperatures, exposure times are measured in seconds or even minutes, even in broad daylight.  It allows for long exposure times that record a scene as our eye simply can not see it... with a blur of movement.  A few nice negatives in this batch.  The first shows a blur of motion on the Red Deer River during my camping trip there last weekend.  Two more are images for my "Playground Ghosts" series.  The final image is a collapsed old barn, taken earlier this spring.

No comments: