Thursday, November 23, 2023

BP2.1 Greenhill Tavern

Just after returning home from the Fall Photo Weekend in Jasper, I processed a batch of Bergger Pancro 400 film.  This is a film that I do not shoot all that often.
I took some environmental portraits of my neighbor's daughter in advance of her 15th birthday celebration.  That celebration is coming up early in the new year, and I haven't developed all of the film yet.  Those portraits were on this same Bergger emulsion, and since the summer I have been shooting more of it to build up a batch for processing.  I shot a couple on the recent Jasper trip and that put me up to a total of 19 sheets, close enough to the full batch of 20, so I ran it.
The portraits turned out really nicely but I don't want to post them here on my blog until I get permission from my neighbor.  The rest of batch included various images, some dating back as far as the summer of 2021.
In the past I have developed this film in Perceptol or Rodinal.  I was never overly thrilled with the results as it was always a little flat and dull.  The development times were over 20 minutes and this was rather tedious.  This time around I developed in Kodak HC-110 Developer.  This is a vigorous and fast acting developer that only required 9 minutes.  I found that it provided much nicer contrast, though it did increase the grain somewhat.
These two images were taken down in Blairmore Alberta last fall when we were exploring the Greenhill Hotel for the Beer Parlour Project.  




No comments: