Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Another Shot from Tangle Falls

A very productive day back in June at Tangle Falls in Jasper National Park.  Seems some of my best images of the year were taken on this day.  For this one, I hiked the short distance up to the base of the falls.  I had to shelter myself a little bit, behind the rocks to my right, to prevent spray from the falls from getting on my lens.
This one was taken with a 58mm ultra wide angle lens [20mm equivalent] on Efke PL25M film.  Of course this was with my 4x5 view camera.  I used a red filter to deepen the sky and pump up the highlights.  The exposure was 16 seconds.  There are tens of thousands of pictures taken of this waterfall every day during tourist season.  The vast majority of those are taken from down on the road.  Very few bother to hike the short distance up to the falls for view such as this.



No comments: