Sunday, November 24, 2013

100 T-Max in Perceptol

This past week or so I've been plugging away at processing my backlog of film.  These most recent batches were Kodak 100 T-Max 4" x 5", processed in Ilford Perceptol 1:3.  This is a film that I've drifted away from and then come back to numerous times over the last 20 years.  It is no longer one of my preferred films, but I am using up all the stock that I have in my freezer.  After testing several developers I have settled on Ilford Perceptol diluted 1:3 as the most successful.  Once again this is a real mixed bag of images dating from 2009 right up to the present.
Athabasca Valley, Fall Photo Weekend, 2012

Beauty Creek, Fall Photo Weekend, 2012

Chungo Creek, Forestry Trunk Road, 2012

 Edsel, Youngstown, Alberta, 2010

Elk Creek, 2010 [taken by my daughter Hailey]

Mistaya Stump, 2012

Abandoned Bridge, southern Saskatchewan, 2013

Riverbank, southern Alberta Badlands, 2012

St Victor Petroglyphs, Saskatchewan, 2013

Trunks and Shadows, 2013

Upper Waterfowl Lake, 2012

Wildflowers, 2012

This batch also included a couple images from my ongoing Playground Ghosts project.  These two were shot back in 2009, when the girls were quite a bit younger...



And a couple of interior shots from my Unfinished House project.  This old farm yard has an old house... this one... left abandoned and forgotten when the husband and father passed away.  Beside it is a new house, under construction, that has been left unfinished and abandoned.  I need to get back out to this place and make a few more images to wrap up the story, and then print it.  These two images were also taken in 2009.



When I was processing some of this film last week, I got careless and didn't make sure and seal down the lid of my processing drum.  As a result, when the processor was agitating it in the water bath, a lot of water leaked into the drum, diluting the developer.  The result was that my negatives came out very thin.  There were also some blotches... I assume this was contamination from whatever chemicals may have strayed into that water bath.  Fortunately I didn't loose any really important negatives.  The couple that I really like are thin, but can probably be salvaged.  Here are scans of those three.  I need to be a lot more careful when I'm working on this stuff and avoid these sorts of problems in the future.

Badland Rills, Fall Photo Weekend, 2010

Spaca Moskalyk, 2011

Winter Hillside, 2011

No comments: