Friday, January 15, 2021

Tuesday Drive up the Tawatinaw Valley

On January 12th I went out for a day trip with my friends Arturo and Fred.  We drove in separate vehicles as the Covid pandemic is still raging.  For the first time in many years I decided to explore north of the city.  This time we took a drive up the Tawatinaw River Valley.  It basically runs from the town of Clyde, up to Athabasca.  We followed the winding road as far as Colinton, and then turned around and retraced our steps.
For January it was quite mild, but the temperature was around -13C when we started out in the morning.  It peaked at right around freezing in the afternoon, but felt colder than that because there was a breeze and very little sun.  We managed to take a few photographs, but probably didn't get anything spectacular.  I brought along both my 4x5 and 8x10 view camera and managed to expose about a dozen sheets of film.  Pretty much just some old buildings shot from the side of the road.  At some point I may post scans of those images but it will probably be some time before I get around to processing any of the film.  For now here are a couple of snapshots taken with my phone.





No comments: