Sunday, January 3, 2021

DC-3

I shot this image back in August of 2002 with my Sinar F1 4x5 view camera and a 75mm wide angle lens.  This old abandoned DC-3 aircraft used to sit in the town of Chipman, Alberta.  It was there for a number of years, and then one day it was gone.  The markings on the aircraft indicate that it originally belonged to Ken Borek Airlines.  The wings were not there... only the fuselage... and I assume it had been bought for the scrap aluminum value.  It made an interesting subject and I shot it a number of times while it was still there.  This is another of my "found negatives" that I came across while looking for something else.  I suppose I should spend a little more time reviewing all the negatives in my file.  I think there are close to 8000 black and white ones in 4" x 5" format, and yet more in roll film and 8" x 10" format.


 

No comments: