Friday, December 28, 2018

Atlas Tipple

After I returned from Nordegg, Christmas was in full swing.  There was the family dinner with my side of the family on Christmas Eve, followed by a second one with Margarit's family.  That second one was at our place on Christmas Day. There has been a lot of preparation and cleanup, and I think we are now finally getting it under control.  It hasn't helped matters that both our dishwasher and clothes dryer have broken down, so needless to say there is a backlog.  
My shop is closed for a full two weeks over the holidays, and this will be the only significant break I have had from work since last Christmas.  I went in to the shop for a couple of days this week and works on cabinets, casings and baseboards for the cottage.  Now, at roughly the half way point of the break I find myself turning back to photography.  I am working on framing a couple of recently printed images for an upcoming show at Remedy Cafe.  This is a group show being done together with my friends from the Monochrome Guild.  I also found a little time to review some recently processed negatives and decided to post this one.  It is a shot of the tipple at the Atlas Coal Mine in the Alberta badlands.  This was taken back in October when the Monochrome Guild was out for our annual fall trip.


No comments: