Thursday, December 20, 2018

Helena and Fizz

I shot this portrait of my youngest daughter Helena in October of 2017 with my Ebony SV45TE large format view camera and a Nikkor M 200mm lens.  I used 4" x 5" Ilford FP4 sheet film and processed in Perceptol developer.  
Helena was 9 years old at the time.  She was bundled up for the fall conditions on this late October day, sitting on the swing in our backyard, with her favorite teddy bear Fizz.  Helena was born with a heart condition and spent her first couple of weeks in Neonatal Intensive Care at the Stollery Childrens Hospital.  Fizz is the teddy bear mascot of the hospital, and she has had him ever since.  We are grateful to the Stollery for looking after our little girl and every year at about this time we make a sizeable donation to the Stollery Childrens Hospital Foundation.


1 comment:

Curtiscomeau said...

Amazing blog,
Every time, I get the really nice information from your blog and it helps me a lot.
Thanks for sharing this content.
Edmonton Photographers