Saturday, December 15, 2018

Dance Hall Chair

I shot this image over a year ago... in November of 2017.  I just got around to processing the film a couple of weeks ago.  This was taken with my Ebony 4x5 view camera and a Schneider G-Claron 210mm lens.  This is a slightly long focal length and is often used as a portrait lens.  It allowed me to focus in on the chair, its shadow, and the window with the tattered old curtains.  The low angle winter light is wonderful at this time of year, on days when the clouds disappear.  This image was shot on the now discontinued Adox CHS-50 film.  the film might have become a favorite if it hadn't disappeared shortly after becoming available in the North American market.  The film emulsion was coated in the same Eastern European factory that coated Maco and Efke emulsions.  They suffered a fatal equipment breakdown and all of those films immediately disappeared.  Too bad, as there were some good ones from that plant.  I never got really attached to this one, as it just wasn't around long enough.  But I do have a few boxes left that I will continue to shoot.


No comments: