Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Old Neon

Just processed a batch of Ilford FP4 4" x 5" sheet film on the weekend.  My normal developer for this film is Ilford Perceptol, diluted 1:1, which requires a rather lengthy development time of nearly 12 minutes.  The film picked up kind of a blue sheen on the emulsion.  Not sure what caused it.... maybe some contamination from my tanks...?  Dried down and mostly disappeared after the wash, but its still there.  I think mostly I can print through this and not have any issues.  Fortunately I shoot duplicates of almost everything so if this one, and the others in this batch don't print well, then I will have back up negs on some other emulsion.  I am intrigued by old neon signs and shoot them whenever I can.  The Stettler Motel suffered a fire over a year ago and has since been closed by the board of health.  Not sure how long the building and this old sign will remain, but at least I captured it on film.  I should probably try again next time I pass through on the way to Drumheller...


No comments: