Thursday, September 7, 2017

Milestones

A few milestones were reached this week....   My middle daughter Annelise turned 12 years old yesterday.  As per our usual family tradition we went out for dinner last night.  Anna chose Greek food and we went to a small family run Greek restaurant on the south side.  I'm not a huge fan of Greek but this one was pretty good.  After dinner we came home and had a family basketball game in our driveway, before heading in for some birthday cake.
A couple of other milestones were reached this week as well.  Anna started Grade 7 at Junior High School this week.  And, oldest daughter Hailey started Grade 10 at High School.  Youngest daughter Helena remains at her Elementary School and started Grade 4.
Later in the evening, after the girls had gone to bed, I went to work in the darkroom for a couple hours.  I am now two nights in to the tedious job of unloading and reloading most my 4x5 film holders.  The exposed film needs to be unloaded and separated into various boxes for later processing.  I save up batches of different kinds of film that require processing in different developers.  After the holders are all unloaded, they need to be reloaded with fresh film.  I haven't done this for quite some time and there are stacks of over 100 holders piled around my darkroom.  They are now all separated and unloaded and I've started the process of re-loading them all.  I've shot about 325 sheets of black and white film so far this year and most of the holders that were used for that are in the midst of this loading procedure.  A couple more evenings to go.....

No comments: