Sunday, September 10, 2017

A weekend at home....

For the first weekend in quite a while, we didn't go away.  Hailey and Margarit went to a show at the Winspear Theatre on Friday evening to catch Hailey's favorite band... Oh Wonder.  On Saturday I went in to work for a good part of the day.  I went in shortly after 8:00 and stayed until about 2:00.  Always get lots more accomplished when I am uninterrupted by phone calls, customers and staff.  Did a few chores around the house in the afternoon including washing the windows of the house.  In the evening Margarit and Hailey and I went to the football game.  It was the Labor Day rematch between our Edmonton Eskimos and the Calgary Stampeders.  After the lop-sided defeat last weekend in Calgary we were hoping for a better effort.  It was a much closer game and it came down to the final play, but our Esks came up short... 25-22.
Today I slept in before a late start catching up on some chores.  I stepped out to run a few errands, worked on reloading a whole bunch of film holders and then my Mom came over for dinner in the evening.  Tonight is the first hockey game of the winter season for the Renegades and I'm about to start packing up my gear.  Seems like the weekend was over in the blink of an eye and I have to think about getting ready for the next work week starting in the morning.

No comments: