Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Scan from June

Here's a scan of a negative taken back in June of 2016.  This one was on my second trip down to Crowsnest Pass.  I was back in the area to pick up the prints from the AG2 show that had just wrapped up at the Lebel Mansion Gallery in Pincher Creek.  My friend Court and I went out exploring for a couple of days while we were down there.  We also met up with Rob, my collaborator on the show, and friends Chris and Connie from Calgary.  This shot is of an abandoned tipple in the Crowsnest Pass.  The light was fleeting and popped out only briefly, just as I exposed this image.  By the time I got around to exposing a second sheet of film, the light had dropped off.  This was taken just before 8:00PM... relatively early considering that this was close to the longest day of the year.  It was clouds that created the fall off in light this time... not the end of the day.  I used my Ebony SV45TE view camera with Schneider 110mm lens.  The film was Kodak Tri-X Pan 320, given normal development in PMK.

No comments: