Sunday, December 27, 2015

Winter Hockey - Game 11

The Renegades played our 11th game of the regular season just before the Christmas break, on December 23rd.  I was down with the stomach flu at the time and had to bail out of the game at the last minute.  I'm told that we fell behind 7-0 early in the game, but then pulled it together to win by a score of 9-8.  This game was against another south division team, this time out at the new Meadows Recreation Centre.  I'm really disappointed that I missed this one as it sounds like it was a great game.
With league play taking a break over the Christmas holidays I still find myself with lots of hockey to play.  Myself and about nine other players from the Renegades have signed up with some guys from another team, and are playing in a Christmas hockey tournament out at River Cree Resort.  Our first game is later tonight at 11:15.  It's a good thing that I'm on holidays and don't have to work tomorrow otherwise it would be really tough getting up in the morning.  We play again tomorrow afternoon and then again on Tuesday morning.  After that, if we win any of our games, we hope to advance to the playoff round and Tuesday evening and Wednesday.

No comments: