Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Late November Day Trip

Friday November 27th was one of my scheduled Fridays off from work.  The weather was great, with mild temperatures, so I set out to enjoy the day.  Margarit was busy with some errands, so I went out for a drive with my camera.  I had learned of an abandoned church called Brush Hill Reformed Church, up to the northeast of Edmonton in Minburn County.  One of my friends from The Monochrome Guild had been there before so I got directions from him.  I set out in the late morning and attempted to find the right location.  It was relatively easy to find and was a pretty cool looking old building.  In hindsight I probably should have got up and hit the road a little earlier.  At this time of year, in northern Alberta, at our latitude of 53.5 degrees north, the days are pretty short and the sun is pretty low in the sky.  It doesn't really get light until 9:00AM or so, and by 3:00PM the light is fading.  Photographically speaking it makes for great imagery as we have "evening" light for about 6 hours.  But, this church faces east and by the time I got out there, at around 1:00 in the afternoon, the sun had already gone around to the side.  I took a few snapshots with my digital SLR and one with my phone.  Then I set up the view camera and took a couple of serious compositions.  The film won't be processed for a while but look for those scans to be posted soon.  In the meantime here are a few snapshots...






No comments: