Friday, December 11, 2015

Fuji Neopan Acros

Last week I processed a batch of twenty 4" x 5" sheets of Fuji Neopan Acros 100.  I have fine tuned my exposure and development of this film over the past year or so.  I meter my subject with a spot meter, placing the lowest values on Zone III.  I rate the film at 80 iso.  And I develop in Rodinal developer, diluted 1:50, for 11:00 minutes at 24C.  This is all very subjective and dependent upon a lot of variables including water quality, agitation, etc.  I feel that this gives me the equivalent of about 1/2 stop of expansion.  I know this all sounds like mumbo-jumbo to all those non-darkroom people that might read this... but it works for me.  
This current batch included a number of shots taken over various outings through the late summer and fall.  I will continue to post scans of those shots over the coming days.  For now I have included scans of five negatives from the recent trip down to Utah and Arizona.  These were all taken on the north rim of the Grand Canyon on October 18th...






No comments: