Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Film Processing with PMK

Last week I spent another couple of evenings down in the darkroom.  I'm attempting to get caught up on my backlog of film processing.  Recently I've set up my Jobo processor, which is a mechanical film processor that utilizes light proof drums to process film or paper.  The drums are rotated in a temperature controlled water bath with continuous agitation.  It utilizes a relatively small amount of chemistry.  The system is ideally suited to color film processing as it allows for really precise control of the elevated processing temperatures needed with these films.  It also works very well with PMK, which is a pyro based developer that requires vigorous continuous agitation and if not handled properly, is prone to uneven development.  This time around I processed one tank of Ilford Delta 100 and one tank of Kodak Tri-X Pan, both in 4" x 5" sheet film format.  The 3010 Expert Drums that I have been using process 10 sheets at a time.  This batch included some of the last remaining sheets from my two Utah trips this past year, as well as a number of other images captured closer to home.



















No comments: