Sunday, November 2, 2014

Winter Hockey - Game 9

The league gave the Renegades one of those awful ice times this morning.  We had a game against the Hungry Beavers at 7:00AM.  I had to get up at 5:30 in order to get ready and drive across town to the north side of the city, and be dressed and on the ice for a 7:00AM puck drop.  Fortunately Daylight Savings Time came to an end last night, and the clocks were rolled back an hour.  I'm not sure if that really helped much as my body was still used to the old time.  I booked a full roster of players and even one extra skater, because I expected at least one guy to sleep in and not make it.  To my surprise everyone showed up, including the extra skater.  
As the game got underway I sure wasn't much in the mood for a skate.  I think many of the other guys on the Renegades roster felt the same because we quickly fell behind by a score of 4-0.  But as the game wore on we battled back, first tying the score, and then late in the game jumping out to a 7-5 lead.  But, it was shortlived and when the Hungry Beavers put on the big push at the end we just couldn't hold them off.  They got three late goals, one in the dying minute, to win the game by a score of 8-7.
This is our last early morning game for a while so hopefully as we get back into a routine of some better ice times, we can turn things around and start winning again.

No comments: