Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 1 - Fall Photo Weekend

The first day of the annual Fall Photo Weekend was Saturday November 8th.  Driving through the snow and then the rain after leaving Edmonton early in the morning we arrived in Jasper National Park before lunch time.  Our first stop was the dunes along Jasper Lake.  Initially I thought is was an abnormally calm day, but once we got loaded up and hiked down into the dunes it was evident that the ever present wind was yet again... ever present.  It was more of a stiff breeze on this day, and with the temperatures well above the freezing mark, photography was possible, and reasonable.  These images were all taken with my new Nikon D810 digital camera, which I have been using and getting comfortable with since late summer.
After spending a good part of the afternoon shooting out at the dunes, we headed into the Jasper townsite and on up to Pyramid Lake for a while where we explored a little up a Pyramid Island.  After that we stopped along the road to take some images of an aspen grove in late day overcast light.  For some reason I only shot the aspens with my 4x5 and didn't take any snapshots with the Nikon.  I guess I'll have to wait until I process my film to see what I ended up with.  On the way back down into town at the end of the day we came across this majestic bull elk and his harem of cows.  After taking a few shots of him continued down into town and checked into our hotel, settling down for the evening.  Refer back to my previous post for a more complete rundown of the weekends events.











No comments: