Sunday, November 16, 2014

Busy Weekend

This has been a very busy weekend....  I think I need to go back to work to get some rest!!!  Friday night we were able to relax a little, but after that it was go, go, go...  I had to get up early on Saturday morning for the Renegades game.  I enjoyed the game a lot more than any other I have recently played in, but was pretty tired when I got home.  
When I got home Margarit was out with her Mom and the girls were home alone.  I was pretty tired and knew that I had a busy evening coming up so I had a nap for a couple of hours.  I woke up a couple hours later when Margarit got back and we got ready to go out for the evening.  We had tickets to go see Fleetwood Mac at Rexall place.  We met up with Margarit's best friend Shelley, and another friend of hers, at Brewsters.  We had a couple of beers and something to eat and then caught the train to the show.  It was a great concert and I'm a big fan of Fleetwood Mac.  Lindsay Buckingham the lead guitarist is one of the best I have ever seen and the whole band put on a great show.  
We got home from the concert about midnight.  Margarit's mom had been having some issues with her dog, but there was nothing that we could do about it at the concert.  But, on Sunday morning Margarit went with her Mom and took the dog to the vet.  Everything turned out OK and a short time later, the two oldest girls and I caught the train to go and see the Canadian Football League Western Semi-Final game betweeon our hometown Edmonton Eskimos and the Saskatchewan Roughriders.  The Riders fans are very dedicated, vocal and obnoxious and the stands were full of them....
I had tickets for the girls and I to attend the game, but at the last minute we were able to upgrade to some better seats, on about the 20 yard line, in the 11th row.  I have an opportunity to take over the seasons tickets on these seats for next year so we sort of gave them a test drive.  I tried to find someone to take the ones that I had purchased but on such short notice they went unused.
It was a great game, with our Eskimos defeating the Riders by a score of 18-10 to move on to the Western Final next weekend against Calgary.  But it was very cold sitting in the stands for three hours in -10C temperatures with a bit of a wind...



No comments: