Thursday, November 27, 2014

Preparations for the Show

Last night after work I picked up all the refreshments for the Monochrome Guild show.  Then I came home and worked on framing my two new prints, as well as pulling together all my supplies, small prints, and some previously framed work.  This morning I packed everything into my truck and took it with me to work.  I stepped out briefly and dropped off everything at Arda's office this morning.  Then right after work I headed back over to help with preparations for the show.  Gary, Mark and I spent a couple of hours hanging up all the prints and organizing the office space.
Whew.....!!!  It has certainly been a busy few days, but finally we have everything ready.  The weather has taken a real turn for the worse and we are in the midst of a winter storm.  About 8 inches of snow has fallen so far today, with more to come.  The temperature is falling, with a forecast high of about -20C for tomorrow.  Obviously we did not choose the best possible day, but we have to push forward.  Hopefully of the several hundred people that we sent out invitations to, a few will have the desire to brave the cold and come out tomorrow night.   Fingers crossed....

No comments: